Monday, August 17, 2015

Steeped Tea + Peaches and Cream

About a week ago I grew tired of never having anything to do. It was tough sitting around drinking tea all day (okay, not really) and I decided to find something to do with all of my free time. That was when I recalled going to a quarter auction and being introduced to the company Steeped Tea. It was like a dream come true! I, a lost tea lover, had found something that thrust two of my most loved things together - money and tea! 
That being said, I quickly signed up!

About three days later I received my starter kit in the mail - it was filled with new teas that I had yet to try! And now, three days after this, I am trying my teas! 

The first one? Peaches and Cream. 

The instructions read to scoop out two teaspoons worth of the loose leaf and steep it for five minutes. The pre-steeped leaves are long and relatively wide compared to the usual needle rolled leaves. In fact, the leaves did not appear to have been rolled at all. Whole leaves and petals were found upon closer inspection. They are dark green but also have the light, cream-coloured petals of pomegranate and sunflower blossoms. The leaves smelled strongly of peaches with undertones of a subtle creamy-ness. It would, undoubtedly, go undetected by most. After having boiled my water I proceeded to pour it over the tea. As the leaves steeped in the water, for approximately five minutes (as per the package instructions) the scent of peaches appeared to have begun to die down. It was certainly not overwhelming and there was, again, that subtle creaminess to the scent. The post-steeped liquor appeared to be a sphene-like colour, a pale yellow bordering on jade.  
The taste of the tea was subtle, however, underwhelming. Expectant of a strong peach-like taste I was met only with a tongue-tingle to remind me of the tea's name. For something that smelled so pleasantly the taste did not translate over to the liquor. In fact, even less so in the after taste. I suppose you'd compare it to a delicate perfume that wears off within two seconds of wearing it. I had hoped for something more. However, it would still be a good tea for warming up on a cold day - or for someone who doesn't much care for strong tastes. (As someone who often likes to over-steep, I suppose this just isn't my cuppa'). 

Rating? 3/5 tea leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment